Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Long Long Long runs... (1)



I am still hitting Poli Poli park for my long runs. This one was supposed to be a shorter one,  but, as they say, you know when you leave, you don't know when you come back.
A little bit like sailing, but here, the slope dictate the pace .. and the length.

Poli Poli is really a good forest trail

There is barely anyone on those paths

Pines, red wood tress

At the end of the road - literally - and the path,
there is a cabin you can rent for the week-end.

Some tourists were around,
and offer to take a picture.

At that point, half way, I was still looking strong.
2 hours later, the story was quite different. 

3 hours, 2000 feet elevation gain, 1400 Calories.
It was quite a fair run.
But, thanks to my new training rules, it is ok to walk. 
As they say, you don't want to run you into the ground training for the race that will put you into the ground, and if you are red-lining, it is ok to walk.
Well, I like those new rules. 
Not like I had any choice anyway. 
I was dying over there.

No comments :

Post a Comment