Thursday, April 3, 2014

Training plan



Waves are getting smaller, but wind is picking up seriously ... 5m kite !!
On the running path, this week, I started my new plan for 2014.

This is my old plan:



I realize now that I prefer longer run but less often, then I will stick to 3 run/week. That will give me more time for other stuff, like kiting and swimming. I usually limit myself to one session/ day. That's all about my hips can take right now.

My goal for April is to ramp up to a steady 30 miles/week that I will hold as a typical non-training training. Not sure that makes any sense, but it does to me.
If I hit comfortably 30 miles/week, I just need two months of actually specific marathon training, to increment the mileage up to 36 miles/ week.

Two-Three month is roughly what I will have between end of August and December to get ready.

That gives me a 6-5-10 for this week. As of today, I have already 2x6 miles in the bag for this week.

Exciting times !


No comments :

Post a Comment