Sunday, December 7, 2014

It works




It is always surprising to me, but counting calories and a basic training program actually works.
After 2 weeks, I lost 2 pounds - 1Kg - and I can feel it. And rarely hunger feelings (But I train a lot).

Under 150lbs again

I am always amazed how the body respond well to a training program. I have a long run today, and I should be closing the first two weeks with a good 30 miles/week average.
It is time consuming, but not that hard. I manage to keep a couple of kitesurfing or surfing session through the week, go to the pool, and of course, run 3 or 4 times a week.
A run takes usually less time than a surfing session, which - driving and preparation including - usually cover 3 or 4 hours. Then overall, it is a good trade-off on busy day.
It forces me to go surfing or kiting only when the conditions are better than average, which keep it fresh too. I found - on Maui - kiting is so accessible,  it can become quite old pretty fast.

Not sure if I talked about this before, but I have been barely sick in Hawaii those last couple of years. As a kid, I was sick all the time. Literally.

Miracle drink.
Combining salt water bath when possible and a good warm Apple Cider drink twice a day at the first sign of cold makes it for me. And I go to the pool (Can be chilly - those are outdoors pool, even up-country - where it is rainy and windy) two or three time a week.

Miracle but dangerous drugs
I used to be addicted to acetaminophen, now I prefer Ibuprofen, but overall, I am using very few of them now. Ibuprofen is very common among runners, specially after runs. I try to limit my usage,  and except some light headache because of bad dehydration sometimes - less and less actually - can function without them at all.

But I take Aloe Vera supplements daily now.
That must be it.
:)




No comments :

Post a Comment