Monday, June 27, 2016

Poli Poli trails and doubts


Following my running program - establishing a 'base' - I slowly built up back to 2:45 of running. You want those long runs to be low effort - relatively - in Heart Rate zone 2. Therefore I authorized myself to walk during steep slopes - following the advice of the book.
It actually makes the long run more enjoyable. You feel tired, but not exhausted. And skipping huge burst of effort early give you the juice to go through the 3 hours of running.


Another beautiful day on the slopes of the volcano

The good news is that I can take those almost 3 hours trail running almost without pain, if not without soreness and tiredness. Last time I attempted this run I ended up in a pretty bad shape, limping almost half of it,the knee and hip crying. It was not that far too, maybe 3 months ?

It is sunny, but not that hot. We are pretty high.

The bad news is that today - the recovery day - my hip flexors were punishing me again, to the point I was limping most of the day. It was actually not that bad, massage and stretching helped quite a bit. But injury free - not just yet.

fir trees makes it almost like it was a real mountain.

I have mix feelings.  Happy to be able to do those long runs again, without too much worries and pain. Unhappy that I called for victory too soon, and my hip flexors - psoas - are not yet healthy. I do think that my running form is correct nowadays, but I need to continue to be extra vigilant.
This week will be interesting. How fast will I recover ? Is it only light symptoms, or still signs of a deep injury- weakness ?

One thing is for sure.
If France keep playing and winning through the Euro 2016, I have plenty of time to stretch in front of the TV. The couch stretch becomes a one time favorite at this point.


No comments :

Post a Comment