Wednesday, August 10, 2016

And.. What about the boat ?



Well. Not much.
We dodged a couple of hurricanes in July, but August and September are to be the more active month of the season - which have been relatively quiet.

Not much is going on this year

Still, I prepared for it.As always I start with the mooring. I was still unhappy with the setup, lines being tangled, etc...


I am getting way better at the art of splicing

Goal was to change a couple of lines that have been stretched, and potentially "compromised". Now that I can splice decently, this is time consuming, but not too expensive.
The new setup has 2 lines, one with a bridle to the bow cleats, and the other one to the mast.
Now, the weak point is the chain.
(and that's a big chain).

Pulling all that cap on the deck.

Time to time, I start a new project. Just to keep things going.
That time, Manu was there to help. Ex-carpenter, he did the base of the dodge roof like a 3d sculpture.
Next step was messier, the epoxy glass and sand and glass and re-sand step.

Manu, first time ever glassing.

Top view, 2 epoxy layers. That will be strong enough.
Paint job was ok. They promised a super glossy paint, and it is glossy. But not that thick, and hardly cover little imperfection in the underlying job. Little disappointed, I think I should have gel-coat-ed it. But that's way more work, and more money. When I am retired, maybe.

Blue as the sea.
As you can see, does not look that bad once in the context.


Next step, the windshield :)
And, maybe, hopefully, some sailing ? (mainly my fault, I have to say, as I have other priorities at the moment).
Bah. Traces, your time will come.
I can hear the South pacific seas calling.

No comments :

Post a Comment