Saturday, July 20, 2019

On a miles rampage


With TTT in less than 6 weeks, training is peaking.

I have been lucky to have incredible runs over the last few months all over the world, in Vancouver, Everett, San Diego County, Rennes, Nîmes, ... The good thing about those runs - being particularly long .... 3, 4 hours - Did I hit 6 hours on this crazy bear trail in Canada ? - is that give me a lot of time to enjoy the outdoors and discover the region.

Mt Laguna, PCT, 4:40h

Coliseum Mountain, snow in summer, 5:40

But now, I am working on my meditative running and double runs. 3 loops Saturday - 4 hours - 2 Loops Sunday morning 2:30. Double runs allow to train on tired legs, but limit the risk of injury. more info here. Coach Chris Hauth is a firm believer in those, so I am :)

Volume peaking at more than 10 hours a week. In short. That's a lot.
With double hitting 6-7 hours and an overall volume of more than 10 hours of week, this is more than my body was ever able to take without injury. Nothing is flaring, but well, there is pain. walking  running a thin line. But so far so good.
Maybe the magic of CBD Oil. Timing concur this seems to be pretty effective to keep inflammation low. if interested, check this one.


Indirectly related found this good old pic when I was trashing it.

Fans will appreciate the t-shirt - "Sublime Dementia" 

It hit my sweet spot, when I needed a little boost to close on my third loop today. Good old Loudblast killing song to cruise to victory  the parking lot.

"The Path" .Enjoy with moderation

Wish me luck, 6 weeks to go til' the TTT Inferno.

1 comment :

  1. With Love.
    Touchante la photo de toi avec les longs cheveux et la guitare...plus que 6 semaines avant le marathon ? que le training ne te fasse pas mal surtout ! Bon succès, bisous

    ReplyDelete