Saturday, March 8, 2014

Life is virtual now : e-filing, data breach and web-surfing



Weather is not nice, which is cool, as I am in Resting mode.
Some cross training, like swimming - I was happy to go back to my favorite pool those last 2 days and get two good 45 minutes lap sessions).

Anyway,  I decided to tackle some cleaning of my computer  and do my taxes (lazily using TurboTax) - this year, super easy : Only one state (Hawaii) and one official job (one W2, I had the good idea to leave just at the end of the year). As TurboTax connect to my bank, it was really easy for all the other stuff. I dont think I will maximize my refound - as they say - but at least it was easy to e-file ;)

While cleaning my bookmarks, I continue to improve my online security by using better passwords and pick different ones for each major website. This is a key point in Internet security nowadays, as major website/companies get hacked relatively often now.

38 millions of user's accounts 


I really want to share this open source free tool, that is really awesome, available on all platforms.

 One password to rule them all !!

KeyPass

Really, if you like security, think about this.
Worth the time investment. I would even pay for it now ;)

And dont forget to turn on Double Authentication when available !!! (At least for your banking stuff...)



ps: They have IPhone App, and KeypassX for MacOs and Linux.





No comments :

Post a Comment