Sunday, May 17, 2015

Running in circles, Sailing in triangles


No kidding now.
The hard part for me on the boat was the lack of space - like running around.
I really missed my daily runs around the neighborhood.
They might sound repetitive, and they are, those "tiny" one hour "run around" loops, the one I start when I don't feel like driving out of town, or don't have the time, and just need a quick fix before dinner.

Coming back from a short one hour run.
Easy peasy.
Lemon squezzy.


Actually, I really felt my fitness fall apart in those 2 months after the marathon - preparation - passage - recovery. And just now, as I am starting to rebuild some mileage, slowly, I start to feel better while running.
The first time after the passage I ran like one hour, and felt like I will starting from zero all again. So painful I could not believe it. Came back really fast, like the time to tell my body "wake up", you are back on business now.
Plus my wife found some numbers of my previous diet, for the first marathon, when I reached like -only- 145 pounds - 65 Kg.
Ouch.

That won't help,
but could not help it.

In the mean time, I did not decide just yet of how I am gonna shrink myself again to that weight, then we can enjoy some Maui Sparkling Wine - local Champagne - which our friends bought for us. 
I am not sure, I would ever thought you could find some decent sparkling wine on Maui - you would have bet on run and pineapple vodka.
In any case, today was our first family sail all together and it went beautifully.

Traces moored on Maui

A good occasion to celebrate and  thanks again my friend Gilles that made it possible by bringing the boat here.

That's work to skip that boat.
Got an excuse though. It is dying hot on the West side.
The light winds made it great for everyone to try and skip the boat. 
Barely no waves, an easy light breeze.
Another day to remember.
Another day in paradise.


No comments :

Post a Comment