Thursday, February 4, 2016

Progress (Closing In)


I am closing in on the last majors items on my list, and hopefully, we will be ready to prepare for our return on Maui. I started to look at the weather, which is a good sign.

The windvane refit ended up to be as tricky as I was expecting. Took me a couple of busy nights, but now it is coming together,

Head is back on the legs

Heart of the system. 4 bearings systems.
But it works like a charm !





Bow cleat refit. As new.
Except the polish side.

Now you can see the big 1/4" plates.
We should be fine on the morring now ;)

the custom Arch/Bimini and dodger frame are setup.
You can notice the solar panel started to move from the cockpit to the top of the bimini.
Need to redo the electrical though.

As it really hot in the afternoon, I reinstalled my shade.
It worked so well, I am thinking of keeping an hybrid version of it.
Not sure I want to deal with the dodger and bimini top at ths point.
The last big steps are to reconnect the solar panel, and mount the windvane on the back. Still a lot of cleaning, maybe even a bottom session, and other small stuff, but overall,
we are ready.



No comments :

Post a Comment