Monday, March 21, 2016

Bad Mood


Well, there are days like that. Or weeks.
I hurt my right knee again during my last long run. Looks like a IT Band syndrome reminiscence.
Running helps me to blow up steam. If I can't run, I usually get grumpy pretty fast.
First I am questioning my running. Then my lifestyle. Then my work. Then my dharma.

Today I was so proud of Molly who kicked ass on a strong finish on her 5K. She made the podium and crushed her PR of 1 minute. And without any training, really, as I fell apart this last week.
Bad timing.
She was actually looking forward an amazing adventure run together. Well, another time.

Hope ?

Bad sponsorship. Now I regret we ran this event.
"5k for Kids" promote healthy lifestyle and climate change.
Well, I usually try to avoid to be political, but when you pick your sponsors, you are political.
Specially, highly controversial choice like Monsanto.
Specially, on Maui.

Monsanto next to Kula Produce ?
This Tshirt will go directly for the yard work, and not before I "edit" it.
Isn't it what Sharpies are for ?

There isn't much we can do against corporations.
Go down in the street every once in a while.
Stop consuming their produce.
Stop running events they sponsor.
Stop taking their money.

Educate. Complain. Boycott.

We need to pay attention to details, because everything is in the fine print.
That's how it is now.
Does not have to be like that forever.


No comments :

Post a Comment