Monday, March 7, 2016

California Runs


One of the pleasure to flight every now and then on the mainland is to be able to run on the Santa Monica beach path.
I am sure it can get old pretty fast if this is your only playground. But, for me, it breaks the monotony of Maui's landscape.

Early morning on the coast

The path is crowded, but strangely enough, I am starting to meet the same runners - certainly, they are running here everyday - some quite easy to remember. This is California, and clothing and attitude can be pretty wild. Nowadays, my hotel is pretty far from the coast, and it takes me 20 minutes at least to reach it, which limit my range and my time on the beach path. But the neighborhood is safe and calm, this is Santa Monica, not downtown LA, and overall a pleasant run.

Slowly, I am starting to run a bit more every day. It always takes me a while after a marathon to come back and increase the mileage, until the next one.
I am always amazed how addicted I am to running. My body cannot take it everyday, then I am forced to go surfing :). Sometimes, I am jealous of those ultra-runners in Oregon, Colorado, Utah, central California or any desolated mountainous  state. Their playground is amazing.
Then I go running on the beach.
And I feel pretty cool.

No comments :

Post a Comment