Wednesday, July 13, 2016

New Trails, New continent, Old News


After more of 5 years, I am back on mother land. A good tip to get rid of jet lag is to do recovery runs while you want to sleep. It is actually a real good tip and seems to work well on me.
I barely felt the 10 hours of jet lag.
And I had the chance to run on a nice first trails, along the 'Vilaine' - which means the 'Ugly'.


"Peniches" and channels. And a blue sky.

It is summer, even in Bretagne.


Not that ugly. Except the tags. This is still the city.
It is surprising to find this long trail (it goes like 100 kilometers, until the ocean) that goes through the heart of the city.

On the way, a typical and beautiful cemetery. Not many gosh runners around.
Few miles in, you feel really like in the country side.

Still water, few people, and flat. Overall a very nice thread.
Flat is nice. And no Volcano at all :)

I was far from being the only runner there.

So far, I am realizing that France is way more pretty that I remembered. I guess you have to leave for a long time to be able to have a fresh look on things. The other biggest surprise is how clear the sky at 10pm. In Hawaii, it would be pitch black since a couple of hours at that point. The day are so longs here. I suspect the opposite is true and annoying in winter. Surprisingly, people are nice and smiling.
Definitively not the France I remembered :)
To be fair, this is Brittany, and they claim themselves to not be (really) France.
I guess we will see.

Rennes was a short stop on the way.
Next step is the north coast of Bretagne, back to the beach, somehow.
And new trails.



No comments :

Post a Comment