Sunday, July 24, 2016

Running Villeneuve d'Ascq



Last entry for those North of France runs - at least for this year - I came back to my youth playground - I lived in this neighborhood more than 15 years.
Of course, at the time, everything felt way bigger.
Distance were enormous at the time, usually made with my bike.
Now, while still relatively big for a park in the middle of the urban net, the feeling is quite the opposite.

Art forms. Water Drops ? Gooses ? Never solved that mystery.

The pond. I lived next to it.

Further along, a bigger park, and its lake

Our dog have been tricked by those water plants and ran through it as it was grass.
He got wet.

Sleeping standing, not bothered by the hundreds of people around.

"Le Lac du Heron"

Some wheat fields aside the bigger loop.

Famous Modern Art museum
I made a good 1:30 run, double looping at one point and fooling around to see some old places. It was a Saturday, and there was a lot of people. Runners, Bikers, Strollers, you name it. This is the almost unique spot for nature lovers that is easily accessible without too much drive.

The highlight of the run would be my focus on running from the glutes and the relative lack of pain generated afterward in my hips. As the last couple of runs, I ran way faster than usual around 8:30min/mile, helped by the flat terrain, the relative low heat and a lot of runners around.

Running faster and not getting (too much) pain is almost a first.

No comments :

Post a Comment