Monday, October 3, 2016

eLectronics


Slowly I am getting motivated  to work on the boat - almost impossible at the mooring - I am preparing for (hopefully) a couple of weeks in Lahaina Harbor and maybe several weeks on Oahu, later this year.
And getting ready to work means ... spending money !

Garmin GNX Wind Transducer and NMEA2k Wifi Bridge
Electronics have been missing on the boat since I got her, and I decided to jump ahead and get at least the basics : Wind and Speed.
All the rest will go through an iPad or the onboard laptop.
Cheap, but enough.

The windvane is wireless, which gonna save me a lot of pain to drive a cable through the mast. Nothing is easy on a boat, but this should not be more than a couple of day of work.
I am getting ready for the Bimini and finishing the dodger.

Believe it or not, but I am closing on my 'hit list'.
The real list is infinite.

Stay tuned.


No comments :

Post a Comment