Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Boat Projects (Part 4 - and likely Last)


I am running out of time in the harbor, actually, I am likely gonna move the boat back to its mooring tomorrow. The good news is that engine issues seems to be belonging to the past and fuel filtering is working as expected - so far.
I should make it out the slip, if not to the mooring :)

Still, I have few projects before the next trip.

You ever wondered if Duck tape will resist marine environment ?
It doesn't.

Climbing the mast on the sunset get its rewards.
Nice view. Cruise ship in the background.

Certainly will have to deal with those steaming and deck light one day.
So much corrosion... I suspect that part is an original :)

Pulling the windvane cable all through the mast, with a running smaller line inside.
Was trickier than what it sounds like, but ended up ok.

Third attempt to protect the genoa against the sun.After painting it (twice), I am trying a special tape.
No, No duck tape. And because I like the blue, I painted it too.
The only bad news was I lost the propeller - ALREADY - of the brand new windvane I just installed on the mast. Garmin did not blink though, they are sending a new one, and just asking I verify the screw is tight enough that time.... Well, I will certainly add thread lock on that one.
But that mean at least 2 other back and forth up to the top, to get it back and put it back.
And this time, not in the harbor. With the swell and wind.
Lots of fun in perspective.


No comments :

Post a Comment