Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Boat Projects (Part2)


This week is all about giving thanks to the boat.
After all the fuel issues of last month, I decided to change everything.
It eventually worked, and the engine, eventually, came back to life.
Not without few hesitations.
I have to say after the fourth or fifth time it did not start - and as I changed almost everything - 2 filters, oil, transmission, electrical, tubes, I had some despaired thoughts.


New Raccor

First Installation of the GNX Wind

Test of the windvane.

Works on the laptop as well as phones and ipads.

Hop, top of the mast, we need to remove the old windvane

Lahaina Harbor, top side

The old windvane
The electronic ended up to be easier. Almost plug and play. They fooled me, and worried me nothing was working because those idiots sent me a discharged battery, and I did the installation at night (the windvane is solar powered).
Eventually, I got the NMEA2000 network to fire, got some reading on all instruments.
Installation is not done just yet, but the hard part seems to be over.
Future will tell.

No comments :

Post a Comment