Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Holidays, Boat work style


It is true that once you live already on a paradisiac island, you are less tempted to go elsewhere for vacation. First, it is expensive :)
Second, you have a boat, and a plan for that boat, and that require quite a bit of time investment. And money investment (but not the kind that -sometime- pay back).

Anyway, I have been lucky to be able to dock the boat for the holidays, and that meant a lot of projects.

2/0 AWG Cable for the windlass. Big and heavy.
35'. All across the boat.

Some idiot actually did wire the macerator backward.
It was pumping the sea water inside the tank. Was it me ?

Genoa is back in place. Painted and blue colored.

Windlass engine.

Windlass itself. Looks nice.

Painted electrical box.
Noce, but not as nice as I wanted. That will do it.
Panels. Second and third epoxy layers.

laying down the glass cloth.

Boat Electronics - new style. Cheap tablet.

Fixing the windvane. This time, Loctite the hell of that screw.
Sanding the epoxy, I had another attack of skin allergy.
The picture does not show how bad it looked. And how itchy it was.

Time to see if my darling's magical lotion is as magic as she claims.
Disclaimer : the time to type this post seems to be enough to actually calm the irritation.
Those last days I am getting ready to bring the boat to Oahu for further boat work.
For a change.
It has been a while I did not sail, and I actually really look toward it.
Surprisingly, the main issue might be the wind.
This week has been extremely quiet.
Maybe too quiet.

But I am in a good mood, and I am willing to try to sail without wind.
(The engine got .. issues)
It is all a question of patience. And work.

No comments :

Post a Comment