Wednesday, September 25, 2013

13 Miles in less than 2 hours, what's next ?


Obviously, 26 miles in less than 4 hours.
Easier said than done, but more on this subject in October.
Now it is time to rest, and take it easy.

Got some cool pictures of this Maui Half-Marathon of last week-end, though.

It started really early, 5:30AM. Lahaina, Front street

I was really worried about my hip flexor, as i was in pain all week. In fact, after warming up, the pain disappeared and never came back. Surprisingly, it was not **that** worst after the run. I guess this is a good sign, after all.


I like the paradox with the local guy sitting, in the background.
Remind me the way this society evolve.
I like to wear my cap and  sun glasses, even if the sun is not that present. It helps me to close myself from the outside, and go in the zone. The magic zone where the miles do not add and where the endorphin is flowing at will.

On the way back, Sweaty and heat was coming in. It was only around 7AM.
I was pushing it at the end, trying to drink while running, smiling to the camera and waving my Aloha sign. I don't think  a single drop of water made his way to my mouth.

Finish line. I really like this one.
I look like a pro.

Ended up relatively easy, even if I accelerated for the last 40 minutes / middle race point. I started at the end of the pack, with a slow pace (my presumed marathon pace, 10 min/ mile). That allowed me to spend the race accelerating all along and taking on other runners. Feels way better than the opposite.

Overall, I really liked it.

2 comments :

  1. Et bien qui l'aurait cru ? on te félicite , tu ne laches rien malgré ta douleur ,
    Pour tes débuts , tu es un pro .
    Prends soin de toi , bisous .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malgré le cycliste (nan mais franchement, est-ce qu'un seul moment j'aurai pu pensé te voir porter ce genre de truc ?), c'est la classe frangin.

    ReplyDelete