Saturday, September 21, 2013

"Look at the size of that thing"


I know, could not help it. Back in the days, in a galaxy far far way, I seduced my wife with Star Wars quotes. In French, at the time.

Anyway, I am slowly working through the pain in the right hip flexor, as usual, was very worried about the race tomorrow morning, 12 miles, and 2 days ago, I could barely walk the dog.
I took me a week to realize: stop focusing on this damn leg, everything comes from your back.
While axing this stump, I should have adjusted my posture, pelvis forward as would say a yogi, use your Ki, would say a Kendoka.

Roots, Bloody roots

And I should have stretched, before, during and after. twice.


There was a hole there


Next time I will try to remember it. All starts from your back.
Next week, I am back on the Internet to design a stretching strengthening program for my back.
Next day, I will be running an half-marathon
Next year, I will be running my first marathon.



No comments :

Post a Comment