Saturday, February 21, 2015

Faster then ever ...



But there is a price...

I was looking forward to this long run, As I knew I ran the exact same course last year, 13 months ago. No surprises. At the time I was pretty happy to have hold my 10 min/mile pace, and I closed this one in 3 hours.
Now, I am going 45s to the mile faster. Does not seem much, but at the end, it makes a difference of 15 minutes. It feels like sailing. You go only one tenth of a mile faster, it makes a huge difference, but to get to that, you have to fight teeth and nails.


18 Miles, 2:45h at 9.13 min/miles
As always, it is not really flat on Maui.

Anyway, I was feeling pretty good, there was some heat but nothing unbearable, and some clouds gave me some shade at one point. Nice.
I was flying for the first 2/3 of the run, and ended falling around a 10 min/mile pace toward the end.
Overall, happy, and it is building confidence.

South shore in all its beauty.
Some white caps announces the Spring ?

Then, what's the ugly part ?
The feet. My feet.
I ended up with blisters, not the one you can really feel and see, the kind of large that cover all of your feet. Let's call that, a big irritated skin. And maybe some more violent pain around the plantar part - did not do my research yet, but would that be a plantar fasciitis, I wont be surprised.
Those sign are usually due to over training.
Bad news, the marathon is in less than 3 weeks.

I am not that worried though. I think I could go through. Well, I might not walk at all after it. maybe for several day .. But I could go through.
It might be over training, but at this point, I am blaming my switch of shoes.
And right now, at 3 weeks of the race, I am seriously thinking about changing shoes.
Which is not good.
But I will give it a shot.
More information as it goes.

Let 's keep it simple, and stay positive. If I hold this pace for another hour, I will certainly reach my goal, i.e. run the marathon in less than 4 hours.
On my knees.
But in less than four hours.
I guess there is a price to pay for any personal achievement, bu definition.
No pain, no gain.


No comments :

Post a Comment