Sunday, February 8, 2015

The last hour


.. Is still a mystery to me.
 Running now around a 9 min pace, I am closing my long run in 2:20, 2:30.
Right, that's good.
Painful.
But good.
Still, at that pace, hypothetical pace, as I cannot imagine holding that pace for more than 3 hours, but that is another story, it brings me the marathon at 3:56.
Running 2:30 and 3:56 seems a big leap.


Back to La Perouse,
and his Lava fields.


Alright. It was hot. Like really hot.Certainly in the 85F (30 degrees C.), lunch time on the south shore, the sun was killing.
Still, last year I was running 3 hours, (even 3:40 for a 20 miles one).
Now, this is scary.


Heart rate is slowly getting up,
when pace is slowly getting down...

I think I will try to run longer distance sooner.
Maybe shoot for 18 Miles next week, and end up on a 20 Miles in a couple of weeks after.
If - by any chance - I was holding my pace, that would bring the run at 3:00, which would be reassuring.
Kind of.
There will be only one hour left.
The one you don't train, and miraculously manage to complete the Day-D.
 This mysterious last hour.


No comments :

Post a Comment