Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Noticed






And some other days, everything fall into pieces perfectly.
I was feeling way better on Monday, and jump on my long run, ended up to keep a pretty good pace - please note the elevation - this is Maui - Flat does not exists.
Conditions were favorable, not too much wind or sun, but my new 9 min/mile pace, for 2:30 hours, I am pretty proud of id.
If I can hold this for the marathon, I am gonna hit less than 4 hours.


16 Miles. 9:20 min/miles. 2:30 min.


One thing I noticed during this run. Even if this is "only" 4 miles more than usual, it seemed very very very long. Actually, running 2 hours and 30 minutes is a long time.
It was late in the day, with some traffic, then it was not the best run ever.
But this is promising.
Promising of a good long painful training...

Less surprisingly, my fix of the brakes ended to break a brake line.
This time, with a new line, it seems to hold.
I am getting better at this.
Well, Ok. I screwed up a "very easy" job. 
Ok, ... I am getting used to cars. Not exactly the same than boat. 
Ok, I broke the brake line. But replacing it was a breeze.
Learning along the way.... I still do not really like it, working on the car, but at 100$/h for a mechanic that will do a crappy job... Let's just say that this is all part of the master plan to be in debt forever as boat owner. 
Priorities, priorities, priorities.

Well. Sometimes... It is just exceptional.
And while I am stretching and groaning in pain, slowly getting better after the long ..long... run, we had those - once in a life time - sunset that Maui's famous for.
Definitively a good day, to be noticed.


No comments :

Post a Comment