Sunday, August 9, 2015

Running 101 : From the couch to my first marathon (8)


Reach your cool impossible.



I might be too much under the influence of the "born to run" or barefoot phenomena, but ...
I am only in the first 20% of this book, and need to share. You need to have quite a few miles under your shoes to understand the depth of this training plan, and physiology behind it, but it simply astonishing. Simple, but not simplistic.
Actually, I am fervent believer of "simple is beautiful". As a professional code developer, I see daily examples of over engineering. As if complexity was a proof of intelligence. The opposite, really. Simplicity, true simplicity, is extraordinarily difficult to achieve.

Anyway, if you ever want to get serious about running, and try to stay free of injuries, 
this is THE book.
The cool impossible.
I know mine.
What's yours ?



No comments :

Post a Comment