Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Running 101 : From the couch to my first marathon (10)


Run Straight.

I have nothing against the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco and the gay community in general, still, check your running form.
You will be amazed how many miles you can run with unbalanced body.


This is my natural stance. Really ?
I am right-wing kinda guy  ?

I am still looking for the root cause. Now that I am stuck at home, I have more time to think :)
I might now have a clue:

I knew for quite a while, but it never struck me, until this **famous day** in the showers of the pool. Looking at my feet, I noticed I always have my right leg going outward.

**TADA!**

Not surprisingly, I have been running like this for years, presumably to protect my weak psoas (See previous posts...). Now, I can only assume that this unbalance has a limit.
And I am paying the price.

Seems obvious, but not easy to integrate.
Back on the mat.
Hip strengthening. Yoga. PT exercises. Swimming. 

And running straight.
And I see already some results after one week. 
I went from 3 minutes to 8 minutes without triggering pain.
Without kidding, this is depressing. I used to run hours.
And I cannot go around the block without walking.
The only positive point, I am getting better at swimming, and Yoga.

Who knows, when I will be able to levitate, I won't have to run anymore.




ps:
I think you deserved one of the "few" nude pic of Bay to Breakers.


No comments :

Post a Comment