Saturday, August 15, 2015

Running 101 : From the couch to my first marathon (9)




Athleticism is a mindset.

As I am stuck on the couch, nailed by injuries, I have a lot of time to reflect on this.
Easier said, than done.
Eric Orton said : "Athleticism is awareness of the body".
I am sooooo aware of my body pains that I am certainly a great athlete.

Me too, I want to "Train with Eric" shirt :)

Now, I am back on PT exercises. My Hip is bothering me seriously again, to the point I literally cannot jog in place anymore. Surprisingly, this time, the chiropractor session did not help. Was it so stuck she could not get to it ? Am I wrong believing this right hip is an unbalance issue ? How did I stuck my back this time - I don't remember anything bad. So many questions, why ?

Short term answers:
 - Buy new shoes. Because this is cool and (presumably related to me left knee pain).
 - Back on the mat with Hip alignment and strengthening exercises
 - Swim, swim, swim, as there is nothing else I can do.
 - Complain, complain and complain a little more that I cannot even suffer on the road.

I cannot believe I would miss suffering on the road that bad.


No comments :

Post a Comment