Monday, October 19, 2015

Exhilarating


With the kick off the Honolulu Marathon training, I signed back on long run once a week.
I focus on trail runs. Easier for the joints, and overall more pleasant than road running.
The only slight issue is that it is very wet, in the Makawao forest.



Muddy...

So wet, there is actually virtually no one on the trails.
Last time, I did not meet anyone during 2:30 of running.
I guess people don't like drizzling rain and mosquitoes.


It's a jungle out there

Whatever. It is actually incredible to feel my body going through those long hours and reacting very well. For sure, I keep the pace easy, as advised. Still, 2:45 is a long long time, and I always fond a little miracle to close the run without too much suffering.
And paradoxically, pleasure.
Next week is 3:00.
Well, maybe, this half hour more will make a hell of difference.
This time I am shooting for Poli Poli trails.

That's the plan

As I have no idea of that actual time I am gonna take around those - I ran the road part last year, but that's it - then it might be an actual adventure run.
You know when you leave, but not when you come back.
The only catch with Poli Poli is that this is very high, and you have to shoot for a very early start. Like 6:00AM.
The ultimate run is the skyline trail, that bring you all the way up to Haleakala.
Of course, it is in the making.



No comments :

Post a Comment