Saturday, October 3, 2015

Winter is coming....


With the Honolulu marathon coming in fast, less than 12 weeks, 
I kicked off the training program.
First long run, 12 miles, around 2 hours, at an easy pace - less than 150 bpm.

Light rain, No one around.
The bike is always not ideal with the rain and mud.


Trails are good. Coach Eric told me that tracks are good, and I believe him.
I am now back on trails, back on my home turf, Makawao Forest.


Selfie after the run. I look pretty good.
I mean, from a tiredness perspective.

12 miles means 2 laps, more or less.
I did not account for the mud and the fact I will keep it light, walking in the slopes, but keeping my Heart Zone in Zone 2. Sometime frustrating, but at the end, it made actually the experience more enjoyable. At that pace, I feel I can go on for hours.


My name is mud.

I don't have real trail shoes anymore, and those were sooo slippery. The old bike trails in the mud did not help. Going up was tricky, Going down was .. even more.
God knows how I did not end up on my butt.
It took 2:40 for two laps.
Way out of any record time, I don't even want to look at my past score on this one.
The good news. Time past like a breeze, barely no pain. Soreness is back, of course, but the tomorrow morning, I actually felt I could run again.
So far, it looks I am on the good track.
Let's just hope it stays that way.


No comments :

Post a Comment