Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 - Part 1


Never too late.
I have been thinking a lot (yeah, I know) lately about the next steps for me, and usually the new year is a good time to announce those. Well, frankly, I dont really think that the artificial change of calendar year means anything , specially regarding to life changes. The move to Hawaii, which happens to be in August, was certainly a bigger influence on my life that any other New Year intentions.

Anyway, some stuff that I liked from last year (Starting from my new life, on Maui) :
- The fitness program
- The progress on my psoas tendinitis
- The strapless progress in Kitesurf
- The overall surfing progress and paddlesurf astonishing big waves I was able to catch
- The better connection with my family
- My new life rhythm, working early, getting to bed early, and exercising a lot

Some stuff I did not like too:
- (relative) Lack of consistency in my workouts
- Late night schedule, with still too much TV (relatively), not enough reading
- The abandon of the plan for Mobylette - the boat
- The lack of jokes in some of my blog posts

Getting ready for a good open water swim. 
Molly in the back. 


First thing first, the Blog.
It is taking a lot of time. And even with millions of readers (This is the joke of this post), it does not make a living, because it is free. Right. Free. No advertisement. Free to be read. (End of the joke).

I need to reorganize my time around 3 main concepts, and the blog is no more a central piece of those. I guess I do not need so much public accountability no more. I proved myself I can (roughly) stick to my goals, my diet and my schedule.

Then, the blog will become weekly. Except exceptions. But in exchange, I will try to avoid the empty posts and try to keep it a little more focused - still around the same themes. I will try to stick to actual pictures I took, and not ones from Google. Really. And to keep things interesting, I will announce the thematic of the next couple of posts.

As I tried to use this new blog format for this post - no really ? - Now I will announce the couple of next posts subjects : 2013 Letter of intentions, and how I will try to address the things that I did not like too much in 2012, and try to reinforce the things I did like in 2012. Still following ? Great, see you next week then.



No comments :

Post a Comment