Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Going strong



Big step this week-end, for the first time, I ran further I ever ran.(I think). Did the run "at the beach" again, but this time starting from Kihei to the Maalaea Harbor.
It is "only" 8 miles - it was the goal for the day - But running barefoot in the sand was a blessing and a curse, got pinched couple of time by those huge thorns some trees on the path like to hide in the sand.

Those trees got lethal thorns for barefoot runners

The place is in the wind funnel on Maui. 30 miles on the nose getting north, I had wings getting back.

View when you arrive at Maalaea

Running in the sand is way more exhausting that on the firm ground, you can notice the relatively slow pace.

8 miler in the sand

Began to feel some cramps coming back, but overall the hip flexor hold pretty good. Not even needed ice in the evening. I felt it tired, of course, but nothing like I would have expected to. Looks like I am getting a hand of this injury.

12 weeks to go. Things are getting serious now, 10 Miles scheduled next week-end.
--sick--


No comments :

Post a Comment