Monday, October 28, 2013

Shuffling in the go


As you could have remarked, I like to run light. I hate belts, straps, bags, etc... I do need them, time to time though, and the camel bag is a must have for the long runs.
Still, this IPod Shuffle gadget is really cool from this perspective.
You barely feel it.


This thinghy is so small,
I can plug-it on my headphones

When I talk to people about the long runs, more than one hour, They seem to think it is boring. At least, that is how they explain they could not do it. "I cannot do it, running is so boring".
For me, a run split in 3 parts.
- First, I am listening to the music. Nowadays, it is almost the only time during my day, where I can really listen to the music. Focusing on it. The first part of the run is usually easy, and the sound quality of my headphones pretty good. Then it is really a pleasure.
- After that, I enter in the "Flow" state. Usually after 45min to one hour. I guess this is when the endorphines quick in. At that point, the music is running on background, or I just stop it. This is the state where you think you can run forever, and miles do not count.
- The last part of the run is when the tiredness begins to show. Right now, this is around two hours of running. At that point, usually nothing helps except a strong will and ignorance of pain.

A run is like an isolation bubble from the outside world. Another dimension. Music. Silence. Pain. Fly.
Everything is possible. To reach this state, you "just have to" run longer.
Sounds simple. It is.



No comments :

Post a Comment