Sunday, October 20, 2013

Surf's up - Part 2

This time, I have got some pictures.
Surf addicts were calling the first real swell of the north shore season. Expected 6 to 8 feet.
Sunday morning, start a 6AM. Car is already loaded, ready to beat the crowd. Heading to Haliimaile to meet my buddy John.We rush to Hoopika. Glassy. But scary.

Hookipa entrance. First glimpses at the water.
Nobody is at Pavilion. Not a good sign.

Lanes
Wow, seems way bigger than expected. Half a dozen in the water already. You mean, Only half a dozen ONLY ? Sunday morning ? First swell of the season ?
Maybe it is way heavier than it looked. we see a few double-head sets. And lots - lots- of water moving.
Right, there is a reason nobody is in the water.

Lanes. Someone 's dropping.
We go check on Turtle Bay, and Lanes. 3 guys over there. Seems big, certainly is. And rising. John is almost ready for Lanes. That would have been certainly my biggest surf session ever over there. Then I remember my boat trip in 2 weeks, and I don't want to hurt myself again. I beg for smaller surf.
Paia Bay was a mess. Kanaha it is. 
3C. (Gaming professionals will notice).
Clean, Crowded and Cool.
Got a couple of slow but pushy 8-10 footers. And without my Paddle board. Very fun.
Ok, tomorrow I am back with it.
This season announced itself pretty good.



No comments :

Post a Comment