Sunday, February 2, 2014

Biking the Marina Del Rey



This morning, I wanted to reconnect with my past sailor life and go see some boats. The biggest cemetery around - sorry - marina - only lies a few miles from my hotel, I jumped on a rented bike and here you go.

Waterways of Marina Del eay

I love those french built boats ;)

There is few House boats here and there, but it is not San Francisco

There is a dozen of those marinas all around the area

They have a little beach, in the middle if the city
and of the marina. Water have to be dirty though.

I like the contrast of condominiums and cheap boats.
California is the country of paradox.

You can paddle the waterways

Brand new Jeanneau.
Slick and Sick cockpit.

Hard to tell the size of this racing boat on the picture.
In reality, it was huge for a monohull.


this one did not reach the marina on time

Manhattan beach.
As everything in California .. Huge (and empty)
As a conclusion, I stick to my point of view.
If you do not live on your boat, do not own a boat.
A boat is there to be sailed ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment