Sunday, February 9, 2014

Eat and Run



Has been a while I did not share my actual reading, and maybe I do not read enough anymore. Being isolated in Santa Monica, in the middle of the effervescent humongous city, I can advise you to have a look to this one:

Another vegetarian "Ultraman"
Not really well written, but there is still a fair amount of good stories. My biggest complain so far, he doesn't dig deep enough into the meditative or enlighten aspect of his running experience. There are bits and spices here and there, but maybe he is planning another more 'profound' book - this one is mostly straight autobiographic - or maybe he was afraid to scare the hell of his readers.

Eat and Run could summarize my life here outside of work. I found it very hard to eat properly outside of our home, without habits. To compensate, I am running almost every day.
Even picking my lucnh from Whole Foods, which supposedly should be quality, I still struggle to maintain my weight - and I ran 40 miles this week - more than my weekly totals at the top of my marathon training !


A typical day-lunch box. Wrap, Salad and Muffin

Only one conclusion: Servings are too big and prepared food sucks. (And I stopped counting calories).

As I do not do cross-training (don't like Biking, cannot swim here easily, Surf sucks as well and I do not have a car and I am too lazy to rent one), running is pretty hard on my body right now.
But, to be fair,  40 miles a week is quite a lot for any enthusiast runner.


No comments :

Post a Comment