Saturday, February 1, 2014

Welcome to the hotel California...


It is cheesy, but I like this place actually. Next to the beach, I have to take the bus to go to work, but it is worth it.

Welcome !
It looks they have another place in San Francisco, unsurprisingly. It is simple and **relatively** cheap, clean and **relatively** silent for an hotel in Santa Monica.

Stepping out of my hotel
 This morning was gorgeous, sunny and clear, exceptional. Turned out there was a freezing north blowing wind that was certainly burning the smog and pushing it away. I remember that was the kind of days you could kite with North wind in San Francisco, usually symptomatic of a depression coming or leaving.

Boardwalk on a Saturday morning

I have started to run again in the mornings. If you check my Strava log (NO ? you should !) next to this blog, I am right now aiming roughly at one hour run every morning, i.e. coming back to a 30 miles / week mileage, which is decent, specially if you do not do long runs.

Rings and stuff for the apprentice gymnasts

I kick myself in the butt to get early and jog on those cold mornings, mostly because I needed this fresh daily start. I tried to blend in at Riot Games, this is your typical game company regarding hours of work, i.e. people come late (10am to 11am), leave late (deep into the night), you know the drill. I did this for a week, playing at night, getting up later and later, and I ended up tired, nervous and relatively unproductive. I guess I am over this phase in my life now. Since I picked up better hours and morning jog, I feel way better and enjoy the long work day at the office more easily.
Let's wait for the end of this stretch on site to draw any conclusion, but it seems that i am addicted to the remoting now, and I don't see myself working on site anymore in the near future.

I found it really hard to have a healthy lifestyle on the workplace.




No comments :

Post a Comment