Thursday, November 21, 2013

16 Miles, GPS certified


This time, I did not let anything to the chance. Picked a road, with Miles post all along, and did some google maps distance check and review.
I did not want to come short of a couple of miles.

Start at the Winery, around 7AM
Piilani Hwy all by myself this time
8 Miles. The road continue toward Hana.
This time I will go back ;)
Deserted South shore of Maui
Haleakala, from below
Still have to go back
My personal favorite

Never forget, you are on Hawaii


Race summary. This last hill was tough.

This time everything went as expected. Sky was overcast, temperature was ideal. Plenty of fuel and water, few cars on the road in the early morning. Next time, I would like to start even earlier, to see the sunrise.
Only little "surprise" to think about. Even if there was some hills, this is as flat as you can find on Maui. (Almost), and with good conditions my average speed is still at 6m/ph, or 10 min the mile.
I dont really care, in term of performance, however, that makes the marathon, in a best case scenario, around 4:20, in the inconceivable event I could maintain this speed for this time.

I would have prefer to run faster, just because you run less.
4 hours and half. That is a long long long run.
I might even be tired at the end :)



No comments :

Post a Comment