Saturday, November 16, 2013

Disappointed


For my come back to my running plan, I miserably failed today.
I tried a new path, and roughly counted 14 miles using geo distance (http://www.geodistance.com/).
I struggled for more than 2 hours under the killing sun (more than 81°F), slowed down with a beach run - running in the sand is never easy - and eventually fought tooth and nail to not walk, eventually assuming that I reached my goal of 14 miles.

Spreck's ville bike path

Sky was blue and clear, 25mph wind on the nose on the way in. A good day for kitesurfing. Maybe I should have.

Paia Town

Was super excited to reach Paia, Surfer Town, from Kahului. Seemed like a fair run.

Not even 13 Miles, and more than 2 hours

My Cellphone GPS is usually way-off, then I don't really pay attention.
This time though, sky was clear and It was pretty accurate (too accurate ?).
Anyway, I did not even reach 13 miles, less than my half marathon, and spend way more time and struggled like a mad man. I would assume the heat was part of the counter-performance, or maybe it was just a day-off.

In any case, my first tough when I arrived to my destination, was :

"It will be hard".

Well, I guess it was to be expected. Running a marathon has not been labeled in the easy category.
Anyway, I decided to bank week #8.
Next week, 16 miles.

"It's gonna be hard."

No comments :

Post a Comment