Sunday, November 10, 2013

Back on Land


After one week of vacation/ training, I am back to reality - If Maui is close enough from reality. It was a great week of sailing - training - I am now Advanced Coastal ASA certified, on top of my Bareboat US Sailing certification ;). Doesn't mean much but it was refreshing to go over the basics of sailing and the terminology.

Boat on Oahu next to Secret Island

Unfortunately the weather has been very clement for us during this week, almost too quiet. We still had more than 20+ knots and 10 feet waves to cross the channel to Molokai, but overall, it was pretty mellow.
Little surfing, couple of runs on deserted Molokai, morning swims (saw my first shark reef !) and lots of sailing, of course.
I wanted to stress my sailing skills around the "challenging" Hawaiian waters, but it ended up manageable.
Few pictures to close this chapter.

Jurassic Park

Waikiki madness

Hard to tell if you are not used to read the sea, but that was quite rough.

Deserted beaches on Molokai
Sunrise

That's me

leeward Lanai

Hard at work

We had some rain and rainbows

Overall, A very nice week which gave some time to reflect on my next steps and goals.
To be continued...


No comments :

Post a Comment