Monday, November 25, 2013

Kick'in the bucket... list


While reading "you are an iron man" - I know , I know , it might be a subject for a later post! - the idea of the bucket list - reference to the movie - came back again as people seems to be trying to check off things to "be done" before the end. Chatting with captain Paul during the Hawaiian sailboat trip last week, lots of people sign on nowadays to tour the islands on sailboat, taking the risk of seasickness or fighting other fears just to cross it out of their "Bucket List".
In the world of apprentice marathoners, it seems to be a recurring idea too.
"Running a marathon" - Checked.

Blue sky and Cumulus are back

What is disturbing in this idea of bucket list is the lack of consistency or implication in the "item" issued of the list. Doing it - crossing it off - closing it doesn't really matter, in my opinion.
This marathon is only a post on the way. Only a practical goal to define a time line and force focus. The achievement itself doesn't fundamentally matter, although I really will try as hard as possible to reach it. 

Another way to walk the path.


Another Sunset in Paradise

My hope is - by walking the path -  to change definitively my approach of my life style, mind and body, and the relationship with people around, starting with my close family.

Claiming "I am a Marathoner" is very different than "I am doing a Marathon".
The more I am thinking about it, this idea of "Bucket list" is pretty idiotic, but I get the point of trying to reach for our inner potential or unrealized desires.

Assuming that you realize the fact that actually achieving it is far less important than the simple act of  trying to reach out for it.

My 2 cents in my bucket.



No comments :

Post a Comment