Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sleep deprived


I always have been quite sensitive to stress and change of environment. And it results in bad night, insomnia. Usually, I just get up and go work. Sometimes, I ve hit the floor at my company as early at 5AM, ready to rock. However, there is a price as I usually feel miserable -physiologically - all day long after that. Could be doubled with headaches.

"4 heures du Mat'
J'ai des frissons"

I remember the night before the Maui Half-Marathon was pretty short, and this time, it will be certainly worst, as I will have to go by bike from Kula to Kihei for an early start at 5:30 and there is at least 40 minute drive. I might have to get up at 3:00AM.

This week has been pretty bad. Change of diet, as we are fed during job training. Lots of people are sick or on the point to be in the office - it is winter in California after all - and I am praying to go through this one ... Intact. Hotel is cool, but it usually takes me a while to acclimate, and I am still paying the price for that.
Yesterday night, late, got seduced by your typical California Burger - I am not restricting calories this week -  Yeah ! - and now I am fully awake at 4AM. It seems I don't take well the change of diet as well.
Getting old ?

Add to this, the less I sleep, the more anxious I am getting to not get enough sleep for the race on Sunday.
Vicious circle.

This morning, I am betting the odds. I am gonna go for a 6AM run in the dark, hopefully ending up tonight tired enough to get a good night of sleep.

I am curious to see how I sleepjogging as well.


No comments :

Post a Comment