Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All is good in the end ? **hopefully**



I could not wait for the mechanic, I started to to change the filter right away. While doing so, I found the throttle cable to be loose, could of screws I put back a couple of month ago decided to bail on me.
Easy fix. This time, I added some Loctite red - thread lock - It wont happen again.
** until it does **.

Dirty fuel filter  - 2 microns.
I thought it was the issue

All clean Racor filter




In the early morning, I redid the tiller arm for the autopilot, sticking to wood for the time being. Aluminum is great, light and strong, but too hard to work with - at my skill level.
Wood was easy, and ended up to work great.
** In the marina **

Now, I need to give it a spin. I have been swamped at work today and had to delay the sea trial.
It has to be tomorrow, as I am leaving the day after in the early morning.
No room for mistake, I won't have time to fix all this a second time.

Oh, almost forgot. The diver finally decided to come change my zincs and clean the bottom.
One week later, as I was almost leaving :)
** Mexican time **
Which is almost like Hawaiian time, but slower.
** Calm down, this ain't the mainland **

This morning, 3 huge boats - do we call those boats - ships - or floating skyscraper ?
were battling to find a spot in the harbor.
Impressive to see them maneuver in such "tiny" place.
I was far less happy when 4000 tourists landed in town and decided to hook in to my Starbucks - the only one in miles around - where I was working.
Of course, as a tourist, the first thing you do on Mexican soil is to rush in the closest Starbucks.
I don't get it.
** But my boat is smaller **

Dancing ships in the morning light.

It forced me to move my butt off (internet was so slow I could not work anymore - they don't have Wifi on cruise ships  - Do you have to check your emails - Right now ?), and found another coffee shop, waaaay cooler, actually. "Spirit Lodge", all the way back from India, awesome.
That will be my next place to work from now.
** Everything makes sense in the end **

Tomorrow, Sea trial , version II !



No comments :

Post a Comment