Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year Resolutions


Not much going on those last two weeks. When everyone is partying like crazy, or reuniting with family, us, exiled on our island, we just let the time flies by. As usual.
Following the rhythm of the low(s) and high(s), waves and wind shifts, oscillating between hard choices, which surfboard, or should I take my kites ? - typical holidays.

Those few months since the aborted passage have been rejuvenating, and maybe it is time to consider the next steps. It feels like 2014 was not properly closed-out. This damn boat is still on the other side of the pacific. The wrong side.


Now, it is time to put down some goals for this year. "Resolutions", as they say.

Already announced, no surprise there, I am signing in for a Marathon in March. Might not be on the Big Island, budget restrictions are on the theme for 2015 as well,  but there will be a good 26 miler on the menu.


This is getting serious.
Second resolution, but not a light one, the boat is coming to Maui in April. What ever it takes. Solo, or with Crew. I just got a second autopilot. Could be a backup for the windvane, and useful if no wind. In any case, this is always strongly advised when sailing solo. 
No step back this time. the boat is coming home.

Last, it is time for me to actually finish a couple of projects I have worked on, and send them 'out there'. I will publish an App for the iPhone. Not sure exactly which one, but let assume it will be a revolutionary one that will change the face of the world forever. Realistically, I found the cruiser apps pretty low quality and not really fitting my needs for this passage. Assuming people are like me, there is a niche market for the cruiser, or sailor, and certainly something can be done. Doesn't really matter, I just need to put something 'out there', as a stepping stone.

But for now, let got surfing.
This is Hawaii after all, and we are still in holidays.
And if the surf is no good, there is still plenty to do.
Like usual.

No comments :

Post a Comment