Monday, January 12, 2015

Be an Island


There is no hazard in life. When we talk with people on the mainland about where we live, the first reaction is usually surprise and admiration. "Must be amazing". I guess people think we are all day long at the beach sipping Mai Tais.
Well, we are not tourist anymore here.
The truth is that most of them will not survive six months here. We call that 'Fever island'. Or just isolation, boredom. Being off the world can make you crazy.
Truth is : I like it.
I like it to be off on my island. Off the world. Far from the news. Far from atrocities. Far from politics. Far from religion.
However, it seems to catch you anyway. Proof of Charlie.
Another drop of blood in a cup full a hundreds of years ago.
And today, we had another episode of 'God Crazy' person. Not your typical cross bearer on the side of the road. No. People well integrated in the Maui Life society. 'Praise Lord', they say.
Like it justify everything. Hypocrites. Lies.
And the churches are always  full on Sunday morning, while I am running my endless miles.
(Almost 14 this morning!)


Not yet on an island

I know it since a while now. My island is too big. Too many peoples. Not remote enough.

Therefore the boat.
This is not a hazard we went in debt now for this boat.
We are getting ready. Or at least, I am.
Off the world.
Off the people.
Off the crazies.

Rejoice, Bernard, I am off for the long way. Not now. But soon.(*)
If running is my meditation practice,
Sailing will be my retreat.

From the world.
From the people.
From the crazies.

*Hopefully they wont have destroyed our world before I leave.




No comments :

Post a Comment