Friday, January 30, 2015

New Toy ... with laser eyes!


Well, this is not yet Star Wars, but it is getting close.

Heart broken
I never really liked this ugly and clumsy chest wrap, and it eventually gave up, after only one year. Changed the battery, no luck. It usually give up after 45 minutes of running.
Time to change tech and look what's on the market.

Mio Link

No surprises there, on those time where a big portion of the population get fatter, a small portion get leaner and obsessed with toys like that.  On top of avoiding the heart attack, those device helps you to calculate your "exact" calories expenditure, and because of that, are price-less for us, for me, geeks of fitness training. Long story short, there is on the market a new tech, and they just released an affordable version of light-based heart reading (Typical devices are based on electromagnetic pulses),
as they say, less cumbersome (true), more precise (who knows?), and flashier (for sure).

The back of the beast.
Light Years, Light Beams

The good news, it works. (for how long ?)(who cares?).
Running is quite cheap (compared to kite surfing) then , the price is definitively affordable (compared to a new kite), and hopefully will last more than a pair of running shoes (who are lasting me 1000 miles it seems, but less than a year).

The bad news, I am back on my diet next week. I don't have the excuse of not being able to check my calories/run, then , well.
And Monday, I hit the scale again.
Damn.

Oh. By the way, my life is binarized - no surprises there : Working and running.
Again, no surprises there. with 35 miles / week, that is quite time and energy consuming.

Bah.
Only 8 weeks to go, and 200 miles.


No comments :

Post a Comment