Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sea trial II, and goodbye Ensenada



Took a couple of hours of work this afternoon to test my refit of the autopilot arm and verify the engine throttle was alright.
Tests were both conclusive.
For the autopilot to work the boat need to be balanced, as it has to be with the windvane. But I was able to go dead downwind in very light wind without any issues, and this is a point of sail where the windvane can have some pain. Motoring in calm sea is very easy, but the boat is slow to respond, because the angles on the wheel are very small, and connections are loose. 
That will do the job and will be an efficient backup if needed.


New "All Wood" setup.
Still very ugly, but it works.
I begin to get used to the light winds and the blue sky.
I misjudged the strength of the wind and have a reef with 10 knot of wind.
But I was lazy and did not have much time.
Did I say the "Spirit Lounge" was cozy and calm ?
Got plenty of good work done there today.

Well, it was a good week overall, I managed to do what I wanted on the boat, checked that everything was alright and even get some work done from done there.
I am glad to come back though. 
Another big task wait for me, the start of the training for the marathon in March.
I should not underestimate it - this is still a very very long run !
And this week, I really did not do much :) - on this front.

But the week is not done yet, and Sunday call for a long run - that might be a tough one :)


No comments :

Post a Comment