Sunday, December 29, 2013

Old news for a new toy


For my birthday, Well, Almost for my birthday, as the release date has been delayed over and over, I got a new toy. Thanks to everybody who contributed a bit, by the way.


The Forerunner 220

I used to run with my cell. Well, it is bulky, the GPS is always more sensitive and the battery could not handle runs longer than a couple of hours. Those watches are awesome. Paired with a Heart Rate Monitor, you got all information you need for serious running. They have a built-in accelerometer that give you cadence and stride and compensate roughly when the GPS is not available (heavy cloudy days, runs in the forest, treadmill, etc..).

I discovered the correct training zones, and now focus on running by the heart rate, instead of a perceived effort. It helps to save energy and balance your needs and expenditure for the longer races.

Actual review:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/11/garmin-forerunner-depth-review.html

(ps: No, you cannot check your emails and facebook on the watch. Not yet.)

More data for the geek in you

20 Miles Run with Maui in perspective


Now, I cannot run without technology. How pathetic ;)



No comments :

Post a Comment