Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Waipoli 16 Miles run - Week 10 in the pocket


Second very long week, with more than 34 Miles run.
Highlight of the week was the long run, along the south face of the volcano.
Really cool, if not for the hunters who tried to scare me, because I jumped the fence, and went into their reserve.
Well, they don't have a license to kill. Yet.


Top of Waipoli road. Pretty.

We are high. Just not yet.

Path trough the forest. No traffic.

It is pretty out there.

Now, we are high.

Beautiful view on the south shore.

Almost at Haleakala summit
Oh ! A tree.

As I round the island, fog set in.



On top of the clouds

There was some serious climbing.
And a serious pace drop.(Hunters encounter)

To summarize, it was a pretty hard run, long and with some high climbs. Good thing is I went over it with a typical pace of 10min/mile.
Overall, I feel I can run 3 hours now.

But four ?

No comments :

Post a Comment