Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week 11, 17 Miles long run


This one was a though one.
Unexpected, as I already did 2 times 16 miles.
Maybe the heat - It is hot on the south shore, even at 9AM.
Maybe the accumulated fatigue.
But, As I was strugglin g in the first 4 miles, I understood pretty fast that it will be a painful one.


South Kihei Beach at 7AM.
Lots of tourists out for a morning walk

Wailea. Clean.

Nice cove near Makena.
Molokini in the back.

Makena Road, south.
Through the lava fields.

Haleakala, from the south.
See the lava flow ?

La Perouse bay

This is a surf spot ?

Lava

La Perouse road.
Hard to run on this barefoot ;)

La Perouse memorial stone.

To be fair, I was feeling like "Not today !!!!", and unfortunately picked an early one (6AM) on the south shore. Arrived late and got hit by heat as soon as 8AM, couple of miles in.
But as they say in the training book : "even if you don't feel like it, no excuses, you are committed. Rain, Snow, Tiredness, soreness, nothing can stop you, you are a marathoner."
Well, this is my translation, but they are pretty explicit on this point.
This is all about commitment.

Run summary.
not too bad, my pace fall down to 12 min / mile toward the end.
First mile was on dry sand.



In any case, I believe it gave me a good insight on the last hour and half of the marathon will be. A crawl through hell at a slow 12m/m pace. But I did not walk.
Then, I won't.
...
I hope.


No comments :

Post a Comment