Saturday, September 6, 2014

Get me out of there


The boat was going anywhere soon it seems. Yard is busy working on other boats. At this pace, I wont either
- be able to go back home before the November trip
- be able to break down and play with the boat enough to verify all the work that has been done made it actually better.

flying Hawaian Airlines,
A symbol ?
Running out of patience, I checked wioth the yard, they are certainly happy to have me back off their back, check wioth the airlines, we are off-season, the price are actually really good, even for a last minute flight, checked with the boss, checked with the family. Seems everyone is delighted to have me coming back home.

The last couple of days, I have mildly active though. Check the radio (again), finsishing the small electric - related tasks on my to-do-list. Some lights, moving the GPS out of the way ( I found it very illy placed over the electrical panel and on the way to the VHF).

Reorganizing the radio and GPS

Opening the guts of the "electronic  closet". Which is , .. no electronics anymore. Or barely.


Another corroded junction of the radio antenna cable
Reception was actually really bad (Again). Verified the new junction, seems alright, verified another old junction, looked pretty bad. Antenna and his cable is back on the To Do List. Unfortunately, the next step is change it at the top of the mast, if changing the connectors at the mast step does not work. Task that I do not look forward to. 

Incredible mess of bad DYI.
110v, 12v, house connectors, duck tape,
you find it all.

I fixed the 12v and installed the new led light for the Nav table. I decided to not touch the 110v for now, there is no 110v at sea or at the mooring, then it does not really matter at this point.



On the way down the coast, There was a lots of people on the water. Looks like a good surf had hit the coast this morning. And I thought there was already a lot of people in the water before !
That remind me that the summer season as getting to an end, and the best month of Maui will be arriving soon.
Wind and waves. That might be fun :)
Well, I will be only there for 3 weeks or so, then,
I shouldn't get too excited.


No comments :

Post a Comment