Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oxnard - Day 33


Quote of the day : "Maybe Tomorrow".

We finally got the missing parts today. The yard manager told me they might be able to start the work tomorrow, which is obviously way too late to have any chance to be in the water this week-end.

Nice bronze coupler - this one fits - ,
and packing gland / shaft nut.

 Moral is quite low. It has been a long time to be camping on this improved giant parking lot, and the boat and me are missing the water. Being far from the island and the family does not help, when you feel you are wasting time.
I guess, waste of time is just a question of perspective. Sailing - and Boating in general - seems to be a patience exercise. Like fishing. You spend a lot of time, and usually for not a lot in return.
I guess the fun is just in, "being out there".
Except, here, I am not "Out there".
Not yet.


In Chinese, "Maybe Tomorrow" is a polite way of saying never. I am lucky my yard manager is not Chinese. At least, he doesn't look like one. I should ask him if he has ancestor in China or what :)


No comments :

Post a Comment