Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hip Hop



Between 90 minutes of runs and 60 minutes of yoga session, I am not sure where I find the time to work. I have to hand pick my surfing days too. Certainly worth it though.
Hip misalignment can be treated at home, it seems. Maybe I am gonna spare few bucks from my chiropractor, who knows. As the sailing days are upon us, the always growing sailboat budget is waiting. 



A simple video for complicated back issues.

This video is interesting because it shows the 3 majors steps in the healing process.
Unblock. Which can be done by your Chiro, or physical therapy, slower.
Release. Pain killers, electric shots, or physical therapy.
Healing. Massage therapy or tennis balls.

They do not talk about maintenance, and this is where Yoga shine, IMHO.

I like to say that the body is a wonderful adapting machine. The pitfall of this, is, obviously, when the body adapted for 20 years to bad habits, you are not gonna see a change in a few weeks.
Damn.
Patience is not really my strong suit. However, daily yoga practice and targeted stretches seems to help at the moment.
Let's touch some wood, we have a marathon to run in less than two weeks.
At this point, no more long runs planned.
The one I did have to be enough.
And next week is taper week, i.e. no running.
Hey, who knows, maybe there will be some surf !

No comments :

Post a Comment